Sunday, March 7, 2010

cowgirl has a party

My husband and daughter went to a dad/kid camp weekend so I had a karaoke/dance party. I invited a really huge amount of people and I think maybe 10% of them showed up but it was still very fun. Many of my friends were sick this weekend and could not come which was disappointing. But about 16 people showed up which is about all my little house can handle without it feeling cramped. And we had a lot of fun. I'm glad that my friends are willing to get silly with me. I actually had one point last night where I laughed so hard that tears started streaming down my face.

The subject came up about how it is the "norm" not to show up to a party at the time that the hostess says it starts. I think that is stupid. It reminds me of the old line one of my old friends used to use, "Oh - why can't he get the hint?!" It just reeks of passive-aggressive-why-can't-you-read-my-mind-because-I'm-not-willing-to-make-the-effort-to-communicate attitude that drives me crazy. But talking to most of my friends last night, it appears that this is a very pervasive thing and it was proven by no one showing up within the first half hour after the party started except one friend who came early to be supportive because I was having pre-party jitters. Where do these silly ideas come from I wonder? I find it ironic, especially because people also feel they need to tell you if they're going to be late to a party at the same time that they are expected to not show up on time. Oh, people just drive me crazy. I am such a cranky-pants.

Woodia the chicken has been limping the last 24 hours or so. I picked her up today and looked at the leg she is favoring and her knee is really hot and swollen. I flipped her over on her back and looked all around her leg to try and find a cut or something that could've gotten infected and didn't see anything. Just a very swollen knee with a lot of heat (a sign of infection) coming from it. She's not really moving her foot at all, she just lets it hang, but that could just be because pressure causes more pain on that leg. Poor Woodia. She was really dealt a harsh blow with her physical body. Her good foot is missing one toe and part of another, after looking up information on cross-beaks I see that hers is about as severe as one could get, and the top of her beak is deformed too. But up until today she seemed happy and like she was doing well. If her leg is not better tomorrow I'll have to see if my vet here in town takes care of chickens. Otherwise, I think I'm going to have to cart her all the way up to my friend's clinic in Monroe.

No comments:

Post a Comment