Monday, May 17, 2010

Aaaaah ... jealousy!

One of my friends just informed me over the weekend that she is moving to a 20 acre lot outside of Chelan and will be living in a studio above her horse barn. Aaaargh! I'm so jealous! But she is single and her son is grown up and these are things that you can do when you have gotten to that place in your life. And apparently, have saved up the money to do it. Maybe me and my horse can go visit her.

Now I will have two friends living out in Chelan, which I hear is absolutely wonderful. I haven't been there since I was a little kid but I hear it's wonderful from both tourists and my friend, Jamie who lives there.

I've been walking past a house in my neighborhood that has solar panels on it's roof - fairly new ones - and it is really tempting to go knock on their door and ask about them. I'm hoping one day on one of my walks that I will go by and they will be out working in their garden and I can ask them without looking too much like a weirdo. My friend moving to Chelan pointed out that there is more sun over on that side of the mountains. Sigh. There are also more hate groups and it is closer to the Hanford Nuclear Facility where they have lots of plutonium buried in leaking containers and readioactive hornets flying around making glowing nests that make geigercounters go crazy. Seriously. I'm not making that up. I don't think the hornets are making it all the way to Chelan. Don't mind me - I'm just trying to make myself feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment