Sunday, June 13, 2010

just a little traumatized

I've been having health problems again the last couple weeks. I had a stomach virus then a bad cold that was causing me a lot of pressure and pain in my ears. Friday night the pressure moved to my inner ear and I became very dizzy. It got to the point where I couldn't move without everything spinning and I would lose my sense of what was up or down. It was really awful. At one point I was huddled in a ball crying, "Make it stop ... make it stop ..." I took some meclazine which was supposed to help with dizziness but it didn't do anything so the on-call doctor called in some valium which is supposed to help lessen dizziness, but also made it easier to deal with how terrifying it is to have such awful vertigo.

I slept propped up on a bunch of pillows and had dreams of being dizzy. By morning the dizziness had gone down quite a bit and on the doctor's suggestion I took lots of sudafed and flonase to try and get my ears to drain. By this morning the dizziness was all gone but I have been exhausted all day. I feel kind of traumatized by it to be honest. So yesterday and today I've spent a lot of time resting and taking it easy. I had to go into work today for an hour to get some reports done that my boss needed to take on a business trip this evening but I had my husband drive me just because I'm not feeling completely balanced yet.

Needless to say I have not seen my horse since last Wednesday. I went out to the stable with my mom because we were both going to take a riding lesson, but I was feeling too tired and fatigued from the cold. I rode my horse for about twenty minutes to warm up before my lesson, but then said I wasn't up for it and needed to cancel. So, as it was I ended up watching my mom's lesson.

It's very interesting watching other people's dressage lessons because I'm starting to learn what they should look like in order to be riding well. I still have a long ways to go but I am starting to recognize when the rider's form is off and I'm slowly starting to be able to recognize good conformation in a horse. I could just read and learn about this stuff every minute of the day, but then most of my friends would never want to talk to me again because then I really would have nothing to talk about except horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment