Friday, May 30, 2014

Some serious couch time and randomness

My daughter was sick all last weekend with some sort of nasty cold/flu thing with a fever for three days and lots of coughing and sleeping.  I'm feeling like I was run over by a small ATV this morning (not a truck per se ... just a small ATV) and I'm not sure if it's because I'm coming down with it or I'm just old, tired and have RA.  But I'm enjoying time on my big, plush purple couch with my coffee and looking MLS listings for houses and farms for sale.  Seriously, everything is so expensive and this is from an Eastside software developer family.  Sheesh.  Or as my daughter has started saying, "Oh Jesus!"  (she got that from her dad).  I told her there are an awful lot of conservative Christians in our lives who take very literally the "thou shalt not use the Lord's name in vain" commandment so whenever she accidentally blurts out "Oh Jesus!" she has to quickly follow it up with "Please, help me,"  so I don't get any lectures about raising a 10-year old heretic.  It's also funny because I'm starting to get my husband (the majorly anti-religion agnostic) to follow up with "help me" too after he says, "Oh Jesus".   Of course my profanity of choice when I'm really angry or frustrated is "Oh Jesus fucking Christ" which pretty much no follow up will help me get out of.

FYI ... I believe that "thou shalt not use the Lord's name in vain" means that you will not commit acts of hatred and then attribute it to "God's will" or say it told you in the Bible to do it or whatever.  I believe that homophobia is a direct act of going against that commandment because no where does Jesus say that being gay is a sin.  He recognizes that it is not allowed in that time and place and there are laws against it, but he does not say "God hates fags" or even says gay folks are going to Hell.  He pretty much says no one is going to Hell except if you're a greedy bastard it will be harder to get into heaven than fit a camel through the eye of a needle.

I had a dream last night that I brought home a pet camel and my husband was a good sport and let me keep him in the house.  No idea where that come from.

Regardless of all that, I am enjoying my couch/sloth time and really enjoying this weird, little foot roller ball thingie that I got to see if it would help with the RA in the connective tissue at the bottom of my feet.  And it really does help.  I also got orthotics specifically for folks with arthritis to put in my boots when I'm on my feet 8+ hours at work and they helped too.  Granted they are made for people with Osteoarthritis (which is caused by break-down of the cartilage, usually by over use) as opposed to what I have, Rheumatoid Arthritis (inflammation and joint/tissue damage caused by immune system attacking and breaking down my own body), but they still work.

I only have a week left after this week at my riding instructor job.  I've had some calls about massage jobs at spas and a bookkeeping gig so I'm not too worried about finding a part-time job that will pay the bills.  But I will miss working with my students and the horses.  I know someday I will take up teaching kids again, just not sure when and how.

On that note, here is my cheesy song of the day.  I heard this on the radio a couple weeks ago and it reminded me how I feel about my own, personal concept of God ... which is too long to explain in one blog post/paragraph, but he is not a judgmental jerk, and he's not a doormat who lets evil folks walk all over him, and he does not hurt people or "let bad things happen" to "teach them lessons", and he's not a "him" or "her".  It (I suppose) is all the strength of goodness in the universe which can kick any evil ass in the long run any day.  But it still nice to have around and infinitely comforting and hopeful.




No comments:

Post a Comment